Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Johnson Family Farm

The house was beautiful.  They were well off and had beautiful furniture.  Each item was so useful too.  The house was 85% original and the rest is that time period or reproduced to what it looked like.  So cool.

The study...has a window in it to watch the kids play.  They had many children.

Food Storage room.

Birthing' room...just a little room off to the side.  Or to take care of small children.





Time period table and furniture.



Steep stairs going up.

The lady of the farm LOVED bright colors.  This is the bed Emma & Joseph were on when the mob came in and took Joseph and tarred and feathered him.  The mob left the door open and one of the children passed away because they were already sick.  It is a beautiful room.



This was fun to see.  It was for weaving and such.


Just missing Parker.

Us again!

More very steep stairs.



Front of Johnson farm.

Even a little time to play.  The missionaries thinks the rock wants to be played on.  How could they resist!!

One more view


Well, I would love to do more but I arm tired.  I will try to get more photos up tomorrow...especially of the Kirtland temple and Newel K. Whitney store.  Hope to update again soon!  We are hopefully in Nauvoo tomorrow!  I love that place too.  See yah!

No comments: